The Village of Park Forest has teamed up with the nonprofit VetTech.us to provide a collection box open daily for electronic recycling.
The e-waste collected is used in free IT training program for veterans. Your old electronics help veterans learn as they work toward their IT certifications.
Helping the Community
E-waste recycling with VetTech supports veterans in their IT Training, but it also benefits the community. Recycling your e-waste keeps it out of landfills, which benefits the environment. Also, many of the items collected are refurbished and given to community and charitable organizations as well as families in need.
Recycling your e-waste with VetTech ensures that it will be disposed in a manner that complies with all federal and state regulations regarding the disposal of electronics.
As of January 1, 2012, Illinois law requires electronics items to be disposed of in a proper manner. VetTech.US collects, erases, refurbishes and finds a home for your used devices, free of charge. Why not dispose of your old electronics and help the environment, veterans, families and organizations in need all at the same time?
- Working or non-working electronics, including:
- All computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, software, and parts
- Small appliances; toasters, blenders, George Foreman Grills, etc.
- Radios, stereos, tape decks, record players
- CDs & DVDs
- All batteries, chargers, cords and adapters
- Phones, phone systems, cell phones and accessories
- Power tools, sump pumps, scrap metal and vacuum cleaners
- Hair dryers, curling irons, electric shavers, etc.
- Microwave ovens, lamps, fixtures, fans, and wiring