Village ordinance requires the seller of property located within the Village limits purchase transfer stamps. These stamps are required for the seller to transfer that properly to a new owner, and for a new deed to be recorded. Whether a transfer is exempt or non-exempt, any monies due to the Village must be paid prior to the transfer. When the ownership of a property is changing without a change of occupancy inspection, please provide a signed and notarized Buyer Letter.
AT THIS TIME, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT DOCUMENTS VIA FEDEX OR UPS. THERE IS NO ONE AT THE VILLAGE HALL TO ACCEPT THE PACKAGE. PLEASE SEND SUBMITTALS THROUGH US MAIL OR THE DROPBOX LOCATED OUTSIDE VILLAGE HALL.
Purchasing a transfer stamp
To purchase transfer stamps, you will need to fill out a Transfer Declaration Form . The Building Department will verify the information on the Transfer Declaration Form. The original form is required. A copy of the signed and dated sales contract is required when purchasing transfer stamps. Stamps are generally purchased by the seller a day or two before the closing is scheduled.
The Information Needed includes:
- address of the property being sold
- property index number (the tax ID number)
- type of deed you are conveying to new owner (warranty, special warranty, trust, deed, quit claim, etc.)
- name and current address of both buyer and seller
- seller’s signature (seller’s agent or attorney may sign for the seller) The fee is based on $5.00 per $1,000 of the purchase price. (Effective 8-15-95)
To process an exempt stamp, please provide:
- the original, fully executed deed
- the deed must have an exemption clause, listing the paragraph and section number of the Property Tax Code as to why the transaction is exempt
- the completed original Village of Park Forest Transfer Declaration Form
- notarized grantor/grantee statement
- Illinois P-Tax form may be required
- $15 processing fee (effective 1-1-2000)
- exemption fee may be paid by cash, credit card, or check