The Village of Park Forest is currently recruiting for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic with the Park Forest Fire Department! Apply by Nov. 30!
Starting salary: $71,130
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Pension, Voluntary benefits, Union, Paid time off
About the process
Through the testing process applicants may qualify to be placed on a New Hire Eligibility List for the Fire Department. Please be advised that the Village desires to hire individuals who possess their paramedic certification. We strongly encourage you to work on obtaining this certification if you are placed on the Eligibility List and are not certified.
Steps to be considered for placement on the Eligibility List
- Meet the minimum requirements at time of hire - U.S. Citizen, 21 to 34 years of age, valid driver’s license, high school diploma or equivalent, Illinois Licensed Emergency Medical Technician certificate – Paramedic, Valid CPAT card with ladder climb endorsement within 1 year preceding employment date, ability to pass a background check, physical and psychological test. (No residency requirement.)
- Complete the application – The application deadline is 3 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023.
- Attend orientation – An orientation will be held on Thursday, Dec. 7, 2023, beginning promptly at 7 p.m. (check-in begins at 6:15 p.m.) Please note that doors close at 7 p.m. with no admittance will be allowed afterwards.
A picture ID (driver’s license preferred) will be required to attend the orientation. Attendance is mandatory to continue in the process. Your spouse and/or “significant other” is encouraged to join but not required.
The location of orientation is Park Forest Village Hall, 350 Victory Drive, Park Forest, IL 60466
- Complete the Written Exam – The written exam will be held on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2023, beginning promptly at 9 a.m. (check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.) A picture ID will be required for admission.
The location of testing is Park Forest Village Hall, 350 Victory Drive, Park Forest, IL 60466
- Interviews – The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners will conduct individual interviews for those who score high enough on the written exam. Specific dates and times to be determined. The number of candidates determined by the mean of qualified applicants + 10%. Candidates qualified to interview will be sent an email that will include the date and time of their scheduled interview. Candidates who do not meet the criteria will receive a letter indicating such.
The location of interviews is the Park Forest Village Hall, 350 Victory Drive, Park Forest, IL 60466
To apply now, click here.