- Home Repair & Accessibility Program
Home Repair & Accessibility Program
THE WAITING LIST FOR THE HOME REPAIR AND ACCESSIBILITY PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED.
The Village of Park Forest has partnered with the Illinois Housing Development Authority to provide home improvement loans of up to $21,500 to eligible homeowners who need to make eligible repairs or replacements to their roofs.
HRAP will assist low-income homeowners with roof and home projects. Through these services, the program aims to: preserve existing affordable housing stock, provide investment in disadvantaged communities, improve the health and well-being of occupants, and help low-income and disabled or mobility-impaired persons remain in their homes.
- Must own and occupy a home in Park Forest or a qualifying county.
- Existing residential one-unit single-family property non-institutional to be used as the owner’s sole residence.
- Applicants cannot exceed 80% of the area median income, and preference will be given to households at or below 50% AMI.
- For more eligibility information, please see the Program Manual link under ‘More Information.’ Applicants must meet the program eligibility requirements to qualify. No exceptions can be made by the Village.
- Roof repairs or replacements up to $21,500.
- Work can include replacement and repairs of roofs, including rafters, soffits, gutters, fascia, and downspouts.
- 0% interest, no monthly payments.
- Maximum loan amount of $21,500 for roof repairs and replacements.
- Loans must be repaid in full if the house is sold in between a 3 - 5 year recapture period.
How to Applications Were Accepted
- From May 30 – June 2 applications were dropped-off in person or applicants called their applications in to the Office of Economic Development and Planning at Village Hall
- Over 80 applications for the program were accepted over four days
- All eligible applicants will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis!
Please be advised that we will not be accepting any forms after 5 p.m. on June 2, 2023.
- HRAP Project Flow Chart
- Income Limits
- IHDA website
- HRAP Program Manual
- HRAP Flyer
- Pre-application Form (no pre-applications will be accepted prior to May 30)
For any questions regarding the program, please visit the Village of Park Forest Department of Economic Development and Planning located at Village Hall, 350 Victory Drive, Park Forest, IL 60466, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 708-748-1112 ext 5696.